I just finished my Language Description (grammar) paper this morning and I'm so glad I actually did some studying, even though not enough, it DID help me a little bit when I was in the hall. Hilarious that my mom texted asking me if the paper was okay. Of course the paper was okay, the one who wasn't okay was actually me! :D
The first thing I did as I entered my room was that I kept my grammar books and folios into a box which I will bring the box back home by the end of the semester (which is next week!) as my campus is shutting down soon, not literally shutting down, maybe more to a getting a new name and a new place, but as for me, it's done. The campus is done. People wouldn't know what IPG Kampus Pendidikan Teknik KL, Cheras is anymore in future..
Well I'll save that later. About the campus stuff 'cause I myself not sure about it entirely, so yeah.
After I settled doing my stuff(despite that I still have three more papers for finals) I decided to watch "The Hunger Games" as emm, a kind of stress-reliever and, and also as I did not have the chance to watch it since it came out to theatre last March..
I was surprised that the movie was quite good! I mean, I've read the book, but I didn't feel the emotions as I felt when watching the movie. But the book I have read recently, "The Kite Runner" by Khaled Hosseini and the movie which was released in 2007 is vice versa! Khaled Hosseini managed to make me cry through his writing but the movie didn't move me as much as the book did. Obviously, the movie "The Kite Runner" was done in a much lower budget than "The Hunger Games".. but I just feel it's unfair for Khaled Hosseini who wrote such a great, full of emotions, touching book to get a little attention. I probably cannot compare the books because both "The Hunger Games" and "The Kite Runner" fall under different genres. Nevertheless, both of the books have a fair share of my attention, but not my love. (I have the "The Hunger Games" trilogy ; "Catching Fire" and "Mockingjay" waiting at home to be read, duh!)
I definitely loved "The Kite Runner" more. I just have to reread it. Genius writer, rich in vocabulary and what else I can say. You just have to read it. Maybe the story in the book has told me that I've no best friend that'd be so loyal and kind and bla bla blaah.. you just gotta read it. My favourite quote from the book is "for you, a thousand times over." So deep, and it shows so much of love..
I cannot even draw any wise conclusion from what I've written so far. But what I want to share;
"with age comes wisdom, but sometimes age comes alone."
~Oscar Wilde
Have a wonderful life! xoxo
No comments:
Post a Comment