Been awhile since I last updated, life's been quite upside down for these two weeks but inshaAllah it'll end soon. :)
I turned 19 today, alhamdulillah, God gave me another year. :)
Today's pretty normal as not so many people know that it's my birthday because I hide it on Facebook. I have my own reasons for that tho. Even the closest ones to me in college didn't(or haven't) wish me, but I'm seriously fine with it. I myself just keep silent for the day. Plus everyone was so busy and had so many things in their minds so, yeah.
However, a classmate, Kefi kept telling everyone if I were around her that it's my birthday and of course they wished me. Haha, but a good thing that when I was in cafeteria for dinner (late lunch) when I wanted to pay for my food, that 'kepochi' classmate of mine told the pakcik café that it's my birthday and asked him if he could give my discount for my food and I was like, "shut up Kefi, you keep telling everyone!" She didn't shut up of course, she continued laughing, laughing hysterically. Haha. Kefi is one of those who texted me very early in the morning.
I was a bit overwhelmed to read 5 or 6 texts from my friends (best friends) who wrote that kind of looooooong messages with all the du'as (prayers) and wishes for me, and a lovely MMS from my mom. To be honest, I am still happy that they remembered my birthday even tho I did not mention about it.
As last night, my very good friend, called at 12am to wish me, but I already went to the dreamland because I was really, really tired yesterday. So many work, so I slept quite early. I still picked up the call tho, because she's one of my favourite people, and once I answered, she shouted, "HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" and I was like, what?! It's 12 am lah!! Then she asked me if I were sleeping, so she apologised but questioned me why I went to sleep so early since it's my birthday and bla bla..
Truth is, I wasn't hoping and waiting for wishes, since I don't think anyone would know. Birthday to me is the day that my mom was pushing so hard, battling to survive, the day that my dad was rushing to the hospital to send my mom.
Alhamdulillah, she survived. Alhamdulillah, until now I feel the joy of having both parents around to take care of me. To me, even though they are very bossy and nosy (oh wells), they're doing their job!
To me, birthdays are meant for parents actually, not to us. If you have small sisters/brothers/nieces/nephews, you'll hear that people would congratulate the mom/dad of the baby, not the baby, of course they're still small to understand what birthday is, but hey, doesn't that make sense? :P
But anyway, ameen to all of the wishes and du'as. Thank you so much!
In a major note, thank you so much mama and abah. I love you both. Without you guys, I am nothing and I wouldn't even exist in this world. Thanks for everything.
Syukur.
Tomorrow I'll be having a grammar quiz but I haven't studied anything at all and I don't feel like to actually. So I'm gonna stop now. I've so many things to rant here but so limited time. Next time inshaAllah.
Oh that video clip I made for fun, borrowed my friend's camera, and yeah just trying out.. :D
Have a nice day... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment