It's the first day of Ramadan. Well, I know that everyone already knew it, but see what I found in clinic this morning when I went for my orthodontist appointment! It's love!
What does this suppose to mean eh? Is my first love going to appear soon? Ok, just kidding =P
Maybe it's a coincidence, but let's just recall what happened before Ramadan. It was a placid day, it was raining just before the Holy month came.. just lovely, and full of barakah (inshaAllah)!
flashback
yesterday, I finished my college activity at 11-ish, then immediately settled my work in hostel and went back home by commuter with my friends. I rarely go back home by public transportation because the hectic-ness of Kuala Lumpur and also, it's so time consuming! Really, you see.. when I can reach home in just half an hour by car, why should I trouble myself? 2 1/2 hours. The process makes me so tired.. ok, nampak tak kemanjaan saya di situ? tak biasa bersusah-susah dan tak bersyukur.
Some time ago, I was talking to my non-Muslim friends about Ramadan. They asked me what's Ramadan and why we Muslims fast.. To ME, Ramadan is a month of love, a month that we devote ourselves to God, we sacrifice for Him, for what He has granted to us.. endless love. It's a month for us to realise (yang tak bangun-bangun and masih di takuk lama) that everything happens for a reason, ada hikmah regardless who are you, poor or rich. See with your hearts, you'll see why.
Please allow me to share these;
"Patience is a part of faith." (Narrated by Abu Nu'aim)
"Fasting is a shield." (Narrated by Abu Huraira)
"In Paradise there is a gate which is called Rayyan through which only the observers of fast would enter on the Day on Resurrection. None else would enter along with them." (Narrated by Sahl Sa'd)
"When the month of Ramadan starts, the gates of the heaven are opened and the gates of Hell are closed and the devils are chained." (Narrated by Bukhari)
"The month of Ramadhan is the month in which the Quran was revealed; a guide for the people, the most authoritative of all guidance and a criteria to discern right from wrong. Anyone of you who knows that the month of Ramadan has begun, he must start to fast. Those who are sick or on a journey have to fast the same number of days at another time. God does not impose any hardship upon you. He wants you to have comfort so that you may complete the fast, glorify God for His having given you guidance, and that, perhaps, you would give Him thanks." (2:185)
random
Malaysia is a peaceful country kan? No war so far.. and we have been developing so much since last 20 years.. We have a lot of things that developed countries have nowadays. We have those twin towers that we are so proud of (once,the tallest buildings in the world), we have our own cars - Proton (why are Malaysian cars expensive eh?), and endless/limitless technologies that we enjoy. But when I see *rich* people mock, insult and snub beggars/poor people, I feel like we are never going anywhere near to Vision 2020, to be one of the developed countries. We do litter everywhere, we do not give our seat in public transportation to those who in need, we do not give signals when we drive. Just, our attitudes are not right. Tak bersyukur is what I see, even in myself.
Truth is, we are still a third-world country.
But we are blessed. We are!
This Ramadan, I want to eat less, much much less (boleh ke dah la godaan bazar tu bloopbloop, uhuu), to donate more, read & understand the translation of Quran and discard all selfishness in me. I hope this Ramadan, God will help me to go through this.. Ameen.
forgive all of wrongdoings I have done, please do, I don't care what's your religion, if I ever hurt you, please forgive me. pleaaaase.
and for a change, maybe we can at least smile to every person we bump into or meet. smile. smile. it can make them smile too, I believe that!:) :) :)
future
I was reading about the time of dawn-to-dusk (fasting time) for different countries. As for Malaysians, it's almost 14 hours. Itupun saya tak boleh bersabar, dan mengeluh macam-macam. What made me relieved and so grateful that Muslims in Bosnia have to fast for 16 hours, 17 hours in Germany and 18 hours in Finland. Gila kan?
One day, I really want to experience my Ramadan in one of those countries, inshaAllah. Nasiblah kau, duduk Malaysia po-e-be. Haha, well, who knows kan, one day! Preferably a majority-Muslims country like Bosnia, Albania or Turkey. But if I were to be sent to a country which the Muslim population is less than 1%, I think that's good too, challenge! 'Cause I love challenges! :-)
by the way, I love this, just want to share.. :D
| HAHAHA :D |
Oh.. oh..
Today's such a peaceful day right? The weather is so beautiful.. and I'm happy too :)
Salam Ramadan & happy fasting from the excited me! ;-) ;-)
much love and have a wonderful blessed Ramadan & life inshaAllah!
xoxo

No comments:
Post a Comment