Saturday, January 07, 2012

gambling with film camera

old canon


an old camera

blank film




I bought my film camera back when I was in London last year in Portobello Market. I always wanted one so when I saw one I have been aiming, I grabbed it, and knew that I wouldn't get the chance once I got back to Malaysia. Haha, and so, it has been many months since I got this and I'm still very bad at handling it.

Before new year, I sent the previous film roll to be processed and printed, but it happened again, it went blank. I have used the roll since I got into college and hoped that I could use 36 frames to capture my first semester.. but yeah it went blank. When I came to pickup it (a week late because school started), I wasn't that disappointed though, cause it happened before. And when shooting with film, you really need to be smart calculating how much exposure etc before clicking the shutter button. If you are not an expert and a bad film photographer, it's like 50-50 chance. Don't have any high expectations and be prepared to see rubbish. Haha. Seriously. :P

This time, I bought a 12 frame roll because I wanted to see if actually my camera is still okay. And I wonder why they sell like one 12 frame roll for RM 10, while a 36, it's only RM 14 which means only RM 4 difference.

Ehmm, I think I need to explore more and try other film rolls.. while I'm still alive, inshaAllah.. :)


No comments: