InshaAllah, in less than 9 days, we will be in Ramadan month, the most awaited month by all Muslims from all over the World. As a Muslim in this modern era and also challenging surrounding, I have to be honest that, it's going to be tough for me as I'm already in college and lives separately from my parents and also, I have a lot of non-Muslim friends that do not know much about Ramadan. Yes, they keep asking me what the holy month is about and why should we Muslims to fast or is it tiring and so on. I have to prepare myself with the facts, so shameful that there's still a lot of Islam, my own religion that I have almost no knowledge. But of course, to be a better person and a Muslim, I have to do a lot of reading, not specific to Islam only.
My classes also will be creepy packed, oh I mean it is now! The schedule sometimes makes me really, really sick. The weather these days has become extremely intimidating. I can easily get head ache due to the unbearable heat. The good side of this 'phenomena' that my clothes dry in no time! However, I will never ever wish Malaysia to have snow cause.. ok I think you know it. Haha.
The other day, I was handling this art-related book "Watercolor Bible" and a lot of people were staring at me cause the BIBLE word is bigger than the WATERCOLOR itself. Ah, what a controversial book, lolol. A Christian guy who I bumped into in a library was joking saying that it's awesome that I'm reading The Bible(where he really thought that the book was a Bible). I was laughing as I think it's nothing wrong to read the Bible. Of course, you don't have to be a Christian to read The Bible and it goes the same to The Holy Quran, anyone can read The Quran, it is such a priceless treasure God granted to us! I have read The Bible before, and alhamdulillah my faith to Islam didn't change, I just have to strengthen my heart and a lot of istigfar. InshaAllah, He will save you from astray.
In the mean time, I'm reading these two books about painting, I just couldn't get enough the last time I painted. So before Ramadan comes, I should finish this and also Tintin series I borrowed from my college's library. So ironic that not even one soul ever borrowed any of the books before me since the series came in the library in 2008! What a waste! :P
Thank God too, since I come here, my spoken English has become better. Even though not all TESLians can speak good English, I have high hope, in 5 years time, they'll fluent in the language. :)
Hopefully, I will have more gut and motivation to update my blog frequently! Hihi. And everyone please take care anywhere you are now. If you're driving please be careful, always think the beloved ones! And please, please, please take care of your health! Take this advantage to quit drinking or smoking in this holy month. :)
Lots of love,
Lala.
1 comment:
Selamat menyambut Ramadhan Al Mubarak buat Lala... may the blessing of Allah will always be with you :)
Post a Comment