Sunday, May 05, 2013

Lupe Fiasco

I've been hearing Lupe Fiasco's music a lot nowadays and I have to say that I'm not that keen to hear rap music but his songs are meaningful! The lyrics are something to think of. I have to admit that "Battle Scars" made me search about him on the net, but I knew him before this song became a hit, just that I didn't care much. I've also heard "Words I Never Said" in 2011 which surprised me at first because of his verity and frankness in that song. I mean, come on, this kind of song WOULD never come out if it's in Malaysia (by Malaysians).. We are lacking of freedom of speech for God's sake! Anyway, these are some of the lines in the song that actually worth of thinking.. 

"Gaza strip was getting bombed, Obama didn’t say shit
That's why I ain't vote for him, next one either"

"But if we know better than we probably deserve it
Jihad is not a holy war, wheres that in the worship?
Murdering is not Islam!
And you are not observant
And you are not a muslim
Israel don’t take my side cause look how far you’ve pushed them
Walk with me into the ghetto, this where all the Kush went
Complain about the liquor store but what you drinking liquor for?
Complain about the gloom but when’d you pick a broom up?"


Are we (Muslims) actually doing our job? Are we reading enough? Are we observant enough? -NO. We are judging too quickly without even thinking... sad.

//Not saying much, but for this General Election (which is tomorrow), please, please make a WISE decision. It's definitely gonna make a BIG change to Malaysia... your vote counts. We NEED freedom of speech!//


And if you are following him on twitter, you'll see that he always discusses about Islam and religions.. which sometime ago, I remembered he was kinda provoking people's thoughts but MANY got raged, many misunderstood/ didn't get his message. 


"We're dancing. Lets get to the point. We're not afraid of the lion. We're afraid of the DEATH the lion my cause us to embrace. Or are we?"

"I fear Gods opinion of me. But i don't think I fear God. I don't see the point."

"When i ponder my relationship with God it is more along the lines of awe than fear. My capacity for Sin challenges my fear of hell as well"

"Sin can be posed as being the extremist act of bravery in light of the consequences. To brings into question the true depth of ones fear."

(@LupeFiasco on Twitter, 29th April 2013)

He really wants us to think of the Creator, think why we fear him, why we love him, or both or not both? Do you understand the difference between "fear" and "love"?  Or actually we are just afraid of the punishment He has prepared for those who disobey Him? That's it. Do you believe in a particular religion just because your parents believe it? Do you blindly following or do you really understand what is the meaning of having religion? Sadly, people didn't get what Lupe Fiasco meant. If you don't believe in God, then on whom you rely on, who do you turn on when you are in hours of need? SomeOne you can't see? You utter the word "God"? 

Also, last month, he tweeted this

"The sad part is that a Muslim will make you walk away from Islam faster than a kuffar will." 

Oh snaaap! Kan? Our actions DO matter..


That's why I love Lupe Fiasco. The best (Muslim) rapper ever.. that makes you think, makes you see the world in many perspectives..!

:)

No comments: